Chief Scientific Officer of FlowMetric Life Sciences, Inc.
The Associate Director of Flow Cytometry is responsible for the operational leadership and administration of a team of scientists within the FlowMetric CRO labs.
The Associate Director of Flow Cytometry is responsible for the employment and training of personnel who are competent to perform all elements of laboratory testing and for working with QAU to assure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Minimum of Bachelor or Master of Science degree, PhD preferred, in a scientifically related discipline
- At least 8 years of prior industry experience in immunology.
- Experience in managing scientists.
- Extensive experience with Becton Dickinson flow cytometers is required, along with prior development of complex flow cytometric polychromatic panels and working expertise with FACSDiva software and FlowJo software.
- The position requires excellent written client reporting skills developed from a research background in the design and implementation of preclinical and or clinical studies and familiarity with biostatistics.
- Excellence in a GLP laboratory workflow and compliance requirements is essential, since the role involves developing SOPs, controlled methods, validation plans and reports.
- The Associate Director of Flow Cytometry is involved in clients’ audits, and corrective actions in accordance with our Quality Management System.
- Responsible for managing a team of scientists to execute preclinical and clinical studies under our GLP-compliant operations.
- Responsible for the development of their direct reports both scientifically and professionally by providing annual goals and support to reach those goals.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a positive work environment for both inter- and intra-business divisions.
- Responsible for the development and execution of approved protocols, controlled methods, and analytical plans for preclinical and clinical studies.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and execution of experiments for client specific projects.
- Responsible for the analysis and summary of findings from studies for the purpose of decisions regarding safety and efficacy, and to support investigational new drug submissions and new drug applications or clinical study reports.
- Ensure that all necessary remedial actions are taken and documented whenever significant deviations from the laboratory’s established performance specifications are identified.
- Responsible for performing all laboratory and documentation activities in accordance with our SOPs and compliance requirements.
- Responsible for supporting QAU in all SOP writing, editing and adoption, as well as ensure Quality and Scientific Integrity remain central to all work undertaken.
- Collaborates with business development in the preparation of material for tradeshows and professional conferences.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of scientific developments within his/her area of expertise, both in terms of new methodology, new research activities, and in terms of identification of potential clients.
- Establishes and maintains communications with existing and potential clients.
- Attends appropriate scientific meetings to maintain technical competency and promote awareness of research activities in area of expertise.
- Provide leadership with strategic vision for the laboratory operations, with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Act as an effective educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Represent FlowMetric at conferences and meetings and make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to the Board and other stakeholders.
- This position is a permanent, full-time position.
- This position requires working in our offices and laboratories, located in Doylestown, PA
- Opportunities for growth for highly motivated individuals - FlowMetric promotes from within
- FlowMetric offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities
- Full Time Employee Benefits Include: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with matching contributions, eligible for Employee Stock Options
Location: Doylestown, PA
Email resumes to: FMjobs@flowmetric.com