Director of Sales & Marketing
FlowMetric Life Sciences, Inc. is a fast-growing global contract research organization (CRO) and a leader in providing flow cytometry, single-cell proteomics, and cell sorting services to support drug discovery, research, and clinical trials. We serve partners in multiple fields, including large and emerging pharmaceutical and biotech companies as well as hospitals and academic institutions. Our technical expertise supports organizations focused on cellular and gene therapy, immunology, oncology, and infectious diseases.
Our world headquarters is located in Doylestown, PA, and our European offices and laboratories are located in Bresso (Milan), Italy.
We are looking for an experienced, highly energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) who can help us continue to grow the revenue of FlowMetric by partnering with new and existing customers. The Business Development Manager would be responsible for understanding the capabilities that FlowMetric can provide in flow cytometry and proteomics services. The BDM would be required to achieve his/her sales target for the year and will be expected to use internal systems for managing current clients and opportunities. The BDM will also engage in prospecting campaigns to identify new clients.
- Consistently achieve or exceed territory sales goals by maintaining existing business, expanding the breadth of business within existing accounts, and working independently to grow new business within territory accounts
- Responsible for the identification and establishment of potential customers; actively prospecting, qualifying and engaging new leads; following up on 'leads' identified through our website, industry research, Salesforce CRM, or through word-of-mouth.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, connecting with the customer, asking valuable questions about the client’s work, creating a value proposition of FlowMetric’s capabilities, and successfully closing sales opportunities
- Learn & demonstrate clear services/technology expertise to confidently detail the capabilities FlowMetric provides to clients. Engage in training on the technical aspects of flow cytometry and attend appropriate scientific meetings to gain and maintain competency
- Document meeting minutes, e-mails, and phone conversations with customer and enter each activity into the Salesforce CRM system.
- Responsible for supporting the development and submission of proposals or Statements of Work (SOW) to customers and following-up to assure the SOW captures the scope of client’s project
- Actively update and maintain his/her accounts and contacts within our CRM systems (SalesForce & HubSpot). Review and provide a daily update of current opportunities in their sales pipeline within SalesForce
- Responsible for the preparation of materials for vendor exhibitions and professional conferences
- Work to build a positive awareness of the FlowMetric brand through participating in professional conferences and through social media efforts
- 25-50% domestic travel anticipated
- Perform any other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree with at least 5-7 years of experience in the life sciences industry in a professional sales/business development capacity
- Previous client-facing interaction required, CRO/CDMO industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales targets and build excellent relationships with new and existing customers
- Outstanding communication skills including interpersonal; email; phone calls; PowerPoint; customer presentations, etc. are essential.
- Ability to be a self-starter and entrepreneurial as well as to collaborate with internal colleagues
- Proficient in MS Office applications Excel, PowerPoint and Word (MS Project a plus)
- Proactive and be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Organized, detailed oriented, and a strong ability to solve problems are necessary.
- This position is a permanent, full-time position.
- This position is a field sales position – as such, there is no relocation needed
- Opportunities for growth for highly motivated individuals- FlowMetric promotes from within
- FlowMetric offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities
- Full Time Employee Benefits Include: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with matching contributions, eligible for Employee Stock Options
Location: Remote (Boston/New England location a plus)
Click here to apply