Associate Director of Lab Operations
We are looking for an experienced, highly energetic Principal Scientist, highly proficient in flow cytometry, who can help us continue to grow FlowMetric by meeting or exceeding the scientific needs of our customers.
The principal scientist is responsible for management of assigned sponsor studies, performed with high standards of scientific conduct to meet regulatory compliance and business needs. The Principal Scientist works with the Associate Director of Lab Operations to assign projects to his/her team members for completion under his/her guidance as needed. The Principal Scientist is responsible for the training of personnel who are competent to perform all elements of laboratory testing and is required to work with QAU to assure compliance with applicable regulations, as well as evaluate and communicate analytical data using good scientific judgment.
- Responsible for the development and execution of approved protocols for preclinical and clinical studies.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and execution of experiments for client specific projects.
- Responsible for the development of direct reports both scientifically and professionally by providing annual goals and support to reach those goals.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a positive work environment for both inter- and intra-business divisions.
- Responsible for the analysis and summary of findings from studies for the purpose of decisions regarding safety and efficacy, and to support investigational new drug submissions and new drug applications or clinical study reports.
- Ensure that all necessary remedial actions are taken and documented whenever significant deviations from the laboratory’s established performance specifications are identified.
- Responsible for performing and recording laboratory activities in accordance with GLP, including writing SOP’s, controlled methods, validations plans etc.
- Act as an effective educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Collaborates with business development in the preparation of material for trade-shows and professional conferences.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of scientific developments within his/her area of expertise, both in terms of new methodology, new research activities, and in terms of identification of potential clients.
- Establishes and maintains communications with existing and potential clients.
- Attends appropriate scientific meetings to maintain technical competency and promote awareness of research activities in area of expertise.
- Minimum of Bachelor or Master of Science degree in a scientifically related discipline
- At least 5 years of prior industry experience in immunology.
- Experience in managing scientists
- Extensive experience with Becton Dickinson flow cytometers is required, along with prior development of complex flow cytometric polychromatic panels and working expertise with FACSDiva software, FCS Express and FlowJo software.
- The position requires excellent written client reporting skills developed from a research background in the design and implementation of preclinical and or clinical studies and familiarity with biostatistics.
- Excellence in a GLP laboratory workflow and compliance requirements is essential.
- This position is a permanent, full-time position.
- This position requires working in our offices and laboratories, located in Doylestown, PA
- Opportunities for growth for highly motivated individuals - FlowMetric promotes from within
- FlowMetric offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities
- Full Time Employee Benefits Include: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with matching contributions, eligible for Employee Stock Options
- FlowMetric follows all CDC guidelines regarding safeguarding employees throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, all office employees wearing masks, social distancing, and using hand sanitizers.
Location: Doylestown, PA
Click here to apply